Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. A mentally healthy person is capable of successful performance of mental function, resulting in productive activities, fulfilling relationships with other people, and ability to make choices and adapt to changes.
Mental health is important at every stage of life. Your thinking, mood and behaviour can be affected over the course of your life by many factors such as stress, unhealthy lifestyle, lack of sleep and rest in general and also trauma or abuse. Family history of mental illnesses can play a role as well.
Mental health problems are more and more common in our society, but there are ways to get help.
Our specialists at PrimeCARE Health Medical Clinic provide a range of mental health services and counselling to support our clients. This includes:
- Assessment, diagnosis, treatment, therapy and support.
- Weight management, eating disorders, body image, self-esteem.
- Counselling clients through various stages of life, including transitioning from adolescence to adulthood, into family life and retirement, and through the dying process.
- Referrals to other professional or community agencies when necessary.
- Services and support to mental health patients discharged from hospitals to assist
them in returning to community life.
- Short-term treatment services may include psychiatric evaluation, prescription of medication, medication monitoring, and case management.
- Depression, anxiety, transitions, grief, stress management, addiction and co-dependency
- Jen French-expertise is in weight management, eating disorders, body image, and self-esteem. Counselling clients through various stages of life, including transitioning from adolescence to adulthood, into family life and retirement, and through the dying process
If you need help outside of our business hours you can contact Alberta Health Services Mental Health Helpline that provides 24/7 confidential and anonymous service.